Women are underrepresented in technology, engineering and mathematics and in some science fields at every level of post-secondary academics, as well as in related careers
The Women in Science and Engineering (WISE) Program at the University of Michigan is a cooperative effort between the Colleges of Engineering and Literature, Sciences & Arts, the Office of the Vice President for Research and the Housing Division. The WISE Program is designed to increase the number of girls and women pursing degrees and careers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics while fostering their future success. While the Women in Science and Engineering Programs are open to all students, they are designed to encourage and support women and girls.
• Serve as a catalyst in the development of inclusive, on campus environments
• Introduce girls, young women and their supporters to careers and opportunities in STEM fields
• Provide professional development and leadership opportunities for women in STEM degree programs
• Encourage undergraduate women to pursue graduate degrees
• Contribute to research and evaluation of WISE issues and initiatives.